MY GALLERY:: The LilyPad :: GingerScrap ::

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

The A-May-Zing Race (Part 1)

The SB Gang in the forum is hv'g the A-May-Zing Race. Yup, it's the SB version of the Amazing Race with the Pit Stops, Detour, Yielding and what-have-you. LOL.

I partnered with a digi-scrapper Irene Chin. And since I also started with digi-scrapping, we name our team The Digi-MamaS. So I will be posting our submissions for the race as we move along.

**************************************
Start of the Race: Clue #1 (1 May 2006, 9am)

The race started yesterday's morning at 9am. And the 1st 2 teams to complete the challenge will go to the next Pit Stop.

My partner took the lead. The challenge was to make use of part/some of the lyrics of "With my Own Two Hands" by Ben Harper. And this is what Irene did.


Clue #2: Detour (1 May 2006, 11pm)
We didn't make it to be the 1st 2 teams so we were given the Detour Challenge at 11pm. And I came up with this.

Do an LO with the following color-combi:
1. Blue & Green
2. Black & Yellow

**************************************
Clue #3 : Road Block (2 May 2006, 4am)
I had received the Road Block Challenge in my mail early this morning at 4am. So I had emailed to my partner too. Will post the LO pictures once it's done.

10pm
These are what my partner submitted for this Road Block.





3 May 2006, 9am
Resubmitted the following picture cos the road sign submitted earlier got disqualified. LOL!!!


Detour is a photo challenge. We are to take pictures of the following
1. An elevator with ppl in it
2. A red flower on a skirt or blouse
3. A road sign
4. Something orange
5. A washing machine doing laundry


We'll be getting the next clue/challenge on Friday, 5 May 2006. Then it'll be my turn in the Race.

**************************************
Clue #4 : Yield Round (5 May 2006, 9am)

We got the clue/challenge in the email at 9am. Within 2hrs, 2 other teams (who got the clue the same time) had submitted their LOs. SHOCK!!!! It was frightening manz. But also thrilling. LOL.

So Irene decided to churn up the LO herself, instead of waiting for me. LOL!!! Guess she's more anxious then me. LOL!!! So while she's cracking her Creative Juices, I cracked my Language Juices. Fortunately, her LO doesn't need to hv a title, so tat saves me lots of brain cells. Kekekekek!!!! We managed to come up the journalling real fast and I got her to do some changes to the LO. And this is the final copy.


The challenge for this LO
1. A 2-page LO
2. Each page has to be 8x8 or bigger
3. Journal abt the 5 advises you wish to impart to ur kids


I think we'll be getting the next clue tonite at 9pm via email.

**************************************
Clue #5 (6 May 2006, 12pm)
This challenge is to coincide with National Scrapbooking Day. We were to do up an LO abt why we like SB. And this is what I came up with.


Clue #6 (1230pm)
Soon after we got our next clue which coincides with the upcoming Mother's Day. We are to write an 8-line poem with these words "Mother", "Love" & "Child".
And this is what I came up with.
Mothers suck
But they help you to buckle up
Mothers nag
Until their breasts sag

Mothers give the best love
Like the soft feathers of a dove
Mothers’ love is unlimited
But their breast milk is limited

Nothing can separate a mother from her child
Not even the dinosaur from the forest wild
Nothing is more powerful than the mother‘s love for her child
Thereafter we got our Clue #7 which is the Elimation Round. So I will be cracking my head after lunch.
**************************************
Clue #7: Elimination Round (6 May 2006, 3pm)

This is the 1st-come-1st-win round with the elimination looming over our heads. So I started working at the challenge from 130pm. And finished it by 3pm.
The challenge was to scraplift from one of 2Peas CG girls Jamie Waters using a list of products' brand.

This is what I came up with. And our team is Group #3. YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was scraplifted from Jamie Water's Christmas.
Product List
White Bazzill CS
Basic Grey PP
Red Basic Grey Alpha Sticker
American Craft blue/white checkered ribbons
Dark Blue RicRack
Heidi Swapp Flower Chipboard
No-brand cursive alpha sticker
No-brand staples

With this, we've reached the 2nd Pit-Stop where we will rest for 2 days. Therafter, we'll receive our next challenge on 8 May 2006 @ 9am.

**************************************
Clue #8: Detour (8 May 2006, 9am)

We got our challenge in the email and Irene went to work at it & she managed to churn out the LO in world-record time!!!! Darn freaky manz. LOL!!!! And this was what she came up with.
The challenge for this round coincided with the upcoming Mother's Day. And we are to do an LO of our Mother. A picture of our mother is compulsary.

And 20mins later, we got our next clue (#9) in our email (again). I told Irene to slow down ... kekekek ... Cos there are still a few more teams who hasn't submitted their challenges. So we can afford to wait for me to knock off fom work. LOL!!!!
*************************************
Clue #9 (9 May 2006, 1215am)

I was late in submitting the challenge. Thus we are the 2nd last group for this leg of the race. Nevertheless, it was another world-record for me. Cos I churned out this LO in 1hr 15mins. Kool!
The challenge was to use the following items ONLY to do a scraplifted LO from 2Peas' Elsie Flannigan.
1. Black CS
2. Ribbons
3. Buttons
4. Patterned Paper

I scraplifted from Elsie's Treasure LO.


With this, we'll most probably get the next clue (#10) at 9am later today. And it will be the Road Block -cum- Fast Forward. The 1st 2 teams to submit for the challenge will go to the next Pit Stop directly. Therefore having a 2-day break. I doubt my team has a chance cos I'll be at the realm and I'm working too.
*************************************
(Continute to Part 1a)

No comments: